Call Center Service Specialists (HSC1) – Multiple Positions – DOH7381
This announcement will be used to fill one (1) full-time, permanent and two (2) full-time, non-permanent Health Services Consultant 1 positions located within the Division of Health Systems Quality Assurance (HSQA), in the Office of Customer Service’s Customer Service Center. The non-permanent positions are anticipated to last twelve (12) months from date of hire.
Make a difference.
As a Call Center Service Specialist (HSC1) you will:
- Serve as an entry level professional, promoting, and assisting with all aspects of health profession and facility licensing and regulatory activities.
- As the face and voice of the Department of Health’s (DOH) HSQA, provide services via telephone, in-person, and via electronic methods such as facsimile, email, and/or the internet.
- Provide technical assistance for healthcare practitioner and healthcare facility renewals, applications, verification of credentials, disclosure of public records, and the disciplinary process.
This work ties directly to improving patient safety and fostering access to healthcare in Washington State.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- As part of a high performance team, providing accurate and timely consultation/technical services to promote and assist with the evaluation of program effectiveness, quality, and compliance for all HSQA services.
- Providing written and verbal correspondence and outreach to internal and external customers.
- Providing renewal and application status updates to credential holders and applicants.
- Explaining agency policies, procedures, and laws.
- Maintaining, gathering, analyzing, and providing renewal and credentialing related data.
Join a great team and lead us into the future
The Health System Quality Assurance (HSQA) division help prevent injuries, develop health systems, and improve patient safety by working closely with communities and local health partners. Our over 500 employees regulate and support more than 463,000 health professionals in 83 health professions and 11,000 health groups and programs.
The HSQA Office of Customer Service goals include:
- Improved patient safety.
- Increased public confidence in our ability to protect public health, thorough approaches to system improvements, clear lines of authority, and accountability.
- Increased span of control for supervisors.
- Seamless and efficient delivery of services.
The duty station for this position is in Tumwater, WA. Telework (mobile-work) is currently expected. When approved, the incumbent is expected to report to the duty station for work activities. Partial telecommuting may be an option subject to supervisory approval. This would need to be a conversation between the hiring supervisor and the incumbent.