DSHS BHA Custodian 3
PLEASE APPLY VIA LINK PROVIDED
Apply to join our team as we pioneer services at the Former Cascade Behavioral Health Hospital in Tukwila!
We are seeking an experienced Custodian 3 to join our team. You will supervise a crew of custodians and provide training in general custodial duties and heavy equipment operation for maintaining floors, carpets, and upholstery.
King County employees receive 5% premium pay in addition to the advertised salary and are eligible to receive a free ORCA card for transportation use.
Some of what you will do:
- Hire, schedule, and assign work of team members; train, orientate, and instruct in proper cleaning techniques and safety practices to ensure that department/facility cleanliness standards are met
- Establish team performance standards, evaluate employee performance, and recommend corrective actions when necessary
- Occasionally fill in on the wards if staff are absent
- Perform safety checks throughout the work area and report issues
- Assist with coordinating ward moves and office moves
- Ability to lift to 25lbs on a regular basis, as well as 45lbs occasionally
- Communicate effectively with team members and staff
- Basic computer experience including email and internet
- Use professional judgment to carry out all assigned responsibilities
- Knowledge of machinery and cleaning chemicals
- Be able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must have the ability to stand and move around for long periods of time to accomplish duties
Who should apply?
Professionals with one to two years experience in housekeeping, janitorial, custodial work, and general or building maintenance.
One year experience as a Lead.
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values, and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring equity, anti-racism, and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.
Questions about this opportunity? Please contact DSHS Recruiter or call 360-725-5816 and reference job number 11872.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.