Clinical Specialist - SHW
The Department of Health and Welfare
DEDICATED TO STRENGTHENING THE HEALTH, SAFETY, AND INDEPENDENCE OF IDAHOANS
People Making a Difference!
Applications will be accepted through 4:59 PM MST on the posting end date.
The Department of Health and Welfare, State Hospital West in Nampa is seeking a Clinical Specialist to provide psychiatric care, treatment and followup to our patients in Nampa. State Hospital West is a new adolescent psychiatric facility located on the campus of the Southwest Idaho Treatment facility campus. This position will work with a group of professionals all working for the same goals and objectives for the children in our care. If you are interested in providing care to the States most vulnerable citizens this is the position for you. Anticipated schedule will be 32 hours per week Monday - Friday, day shift.
The Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is a drug-free workplace. Any applicant offered employment in this position at the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. In addition, successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal history background investigation. Employment is dependent upon satisfactory results of the investigation.
Temporary positions are limited to working 1,385 hours in a 12-month period for any one state agency. Employees are eligible for benefits if they work twenty (20) hours or more per week and the term of employment is expected to exceed five (5) continuous months.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
OTHER EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance- (full-time/30+ hours per week) employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.80/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family (employee covered at one times annual salary; spouse covered at $10,000; child covered at $5,000)
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Primary Health Care:
- Conduct thorough examinations, evaluations, and assessments of patients.
- Formulate, prescribe, perform, and oversee treatment plans for patients.
- Collaborate and consult with other healthcare professionals as necessary to optimize patient care.
- Assess medical and physical conditions and provide appropriate consultation and treatment referrals.
- Provide minor treatment when needed.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of patient care and response in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform duties under the supervision of the Medical Director at SHW as assigned.
- Facilitate and provide psychiatric care, treatment, and follow-up, as delegated by the State Hospital West Medical Director.
- Conduct initial treatment, psychiatric assessments, treatment planning, discharge, and after-care planning.
- Administer pharmacotherapy, manage seclusion and restraint when necessary, and conduct neurological examinations and assessments.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation of psychiatric care and response in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Provide consultation, training, and education to staff and patients.
- Develop and deliver appropriate classes for patients in psychiatric hospital.
- Conduct training for staff and participate in case consultations with hospital/medical staff.
- Offer consultation services to community providers/agencies.
- Provide consultation to patient family members as appropriate.
- Participate actively in assigned hospital committees.
- Regularly attend meetings and contribute insights to improve hospital processes and patient care.
- Participate in medical staff functions to enhance collaboration and professional development.
- Work as a member of the Treatment Team as assigned and fulfill responsibilities in other units as assigned.
- Assist with special projects for the Medical Director and other team members as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications below to pass the exam for this position. Please make sure your resume or work history supports your meeting the minimum qualifications for this position. Failure to do this may disqualify you from being considered for this position. It is highly recommended to attach a one-page cover letter to your application to demonstrate how you meet the requirements below.
- Requires eligibility for registration as a Physician Assistant with the State Board of Medicine or as a Nurse Practitioner with the State Board of Nursing.
Below is preferred experience. It is not required for the position but applicants with this experience may receive consideration over other applicants.
- Experience in Psychiatric Care specifically with children ages 11-17. Typically gained by at least six months of work experience.
***PLEASE NOTE: application assistance is not available after the business hours listed below, on the weekends, or on holidays and you must apply before 4:59 pm on the closing date. When applying, use CHROME as your browser to avoid complications.
If you have questions, please contact us at:
Email is the quickest way to get an answer to your questions.
(answered Monday through Friday during business hours MST)
PHONE: (208) 334-0681
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.