Health Facility Surveyor - Bureau of Facility Standards
The Department of Health and Welfare
DEDICATED TO STRENGTHENING THE HEALTH, SAFETY, AND INDEPENDENCE OF IDAHOANS
People Making a Difference!
A one-time $3000 SIGN-ON BONUS is being offered for newly hired Health Facility Surveyors who are not currently employed by the State of Idaho.
***Sign-on bonus program criteria must be met.
Applications will be accepted through 4:59 PM MST on the posting end date.
The Division of Licensing & Certification is currently accepting applications for the position of Health Facility Surveyor. This position will investigate and ensure compliance with Medicare, Medicaid, and state licensure laws, regulations and policies in matters related to health facilities in matters related to the number and quality of staff, related policies and procedures and that quality healthcare is provided to the public. Some of our current Health Facility Surveyors in the Bureau of Facility Standards mentioned they enjoy the following aspects of this position:
- Sharing knowledge while learning with a variety of team members and providers from different professional backgrounds.
- Protecting and making a difference for Idaho’s vulnerable population.
- Working in a positive environment and culture.
Our surveyors are critical in ensuring quality healthcare is provided to patients and facility residents throughout the state and conduct licensure surveys, investigate complaints, and provide training and technical assistance to assist healthcare facilities in complying with rules and regulations. Incumbents in these positions travel extensively throughout the state and may be gone as much as 50% or more of their work time, including overnight stays.
The Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is a drug-free workplace. Any applicant offered employment in this position at the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
OTHER EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance- (full-time/30+ hours per week) employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.80/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family (employee covered at one times annual salary; spouse covered at $10,000; child covered at $5,000)
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Ensure compliance with outcome-oriented regulations, which requires surveyors to select a sample of the client base.
- Assess each client's health, social, emotional, rehabilitative, and habilitative care needs.
- Observe facility staff and others providing services to clients.
- Conduct interviews and record reviews to ensure sufficient information is gathered on which to base compliance decisions.
- Use critical thinking skills and professional judgement to determine if the facility is meeting clients' needs in accordance with the stated regulations and health care standards.
- Write reports that are clear, concise and legally defensible.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications below to pass the exam for this position. Please make sure your resume or work history supports your meeting the minimum qualifications for this position. Failure to do this may disqualify you from being considered for this position. It is highly recommended to attach a one-page cover letter to your application to demonstrate how you meet the requirements below.
- Experience providing medical care in a health care delivery system, (e.g., an institution, clinic, or office setting, either military or civilian). Typically requires at least one year of experience performing these duties.
- Requires a valid driver's license.
- This position requires one of the following (1-4):
- Certification as a Registered Dietitian by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. For licensure information please contact the Idaho Board of Medicine at http://bom.idaho.gov
- Licensure as a Social Worker in accordance with Idaho Code 54-32. For licensure information please contact the Idaho Occupational License Bureau at http://ibol.idaho.gov
- Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the State of Idaho or state licensure as a Practical Nurse pursuant to the Nurse Licensure Compact, Idaho Code 54-1418. For licensure information please contact the Idaho Board of Nursing at http://ibn.idaho.gov
- Licensure as a Nursing Home Administrator by the Division of Occupational and Professional Licenses. For licensure information please contact the Division of Occupational and Professional Licenses at http://dopl.idaho.gov
***PLEASE NOTE: application assistance is not available after the business hours listed below, on the weekends, or on holidays and you must apply before 4:59 pm on the closing date. When applying, use CHROME as your browser to avoid complications.
If you have questions, please contact us at:
Email is the quickest way to get an answer to your questions.
(answered Monday through Friday during business hours MST)
PHONE: (208) 334-0681
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email email@example.com.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.